In late 2017, one day I saw a online CTF contest poster on one of the windows at my faculty.The CTF was organized by Mu-Cyber team. At these times I didn’t even know that there was a cyber security community in my university then I decided to participate in the contest. But unfortunately, the time of the start of the competition coincided with the time I had to travel to somewhere. Therefore, I decided to solve challenges of the CTF at the bus :) I was placed 2nd position in the competition. They gave me a Raspberry Pi as the reward and asked me to join the team. I said that it would be great. Then the journey started :)
We as Mu-Cyber participated in DKHOS CTF which stands for “Dünyayı Kurtaran Hackerin Oğlunun Sevgilisi” in Turkish. DKHOS is the third chapter of the series, organized by PRODAFT.
At the end of the contest we placed in 16th position and they send us the certificate below.
Computer Club of my department organized an event called “İnternet Haftası”. We were given one of the event days by them. I was not in the organizer team but I had a responsibility to be in event field and to be ready if anyone needed me during our day.
If you want to know the details of this event you may want to visit here
I started taking online classes from AYD which stands for “Ağ Yöneticileri Derneği” in Turkish. The classes were:
- Cisco Networking Academy® Mobility Fundamentals(See my certificate here)
- Cisco Networking Academy® Introduction to Cybersecurity(See my certificate here)
And my second semester has ended.
I started solving Hack The Box machines in my spare time.
I started participating online CTFs listed on CTFTime.
Me and some of my friends created a new CTF team without a name due to we couldn’t decide a name yet. Then, we participated in a CTF called Hackistanbul or HICTF’18 with some random team name. We passed the pre-selection stages and they invited us to Istanbul for final stage as secondary qualifier.
You may want to read my series about Hackistanbul CTF on this blog.
And my third semester has started.
I met new fabulous people thanks to a friend and joined their community. By the way, they are the winner of the Rocket Contest which is hosted by TEKNOFEST. The same host with Hackistanbul CTF.
I started taking online Deep Learning classes from Coursera thanks to their financial aid. The classes are:
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Improving Deep Neural Networks: Hyperparameter tuning, Regularization and Optimization
- Structuring Machine Learning Projects
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- Sequence Models
I haven’t finished the classes yet because it takes several months to finish.
WISHES FOR 2019
- I hope I will finish my online classes successfully.
- I will continue solving cyber security related challenges in my spare time.
- I will continue participating CTFs in my spare time.
- I hope I will make fancy projects.
- If everything goes well I hope I will do my mandatory internship in summer.
- I hope surprises of life doesn’t make me sad after this blog post goes online.